Call 0800 111 999
If you can smell gas or think you have a gas leak:
- Open all doors and windows to let the gas escape
- Check your gas appliances are switched off
- Wait outside for the emergency engineer
- Call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999
- Do not turn light switches on or off, use doorbells, mobile phones or any other electrical switches
- Do not smoke, light a match or use any other kind of naked flame
- If you are worried fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999
Stay gas safe in your home. For more information please visit the Gas Safe Register. The Gas Safe Register has replaced CORGI as the gas registration body.
No matter who your supplier is you can call the National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.